Fort XIII (Wild, David. Prisoners of hope. 1992. London)

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Stalag XXA Headquarter

        Stalag XXA Headquarter was at the beginning in Fort XVII (nearby Thorn railway station) later on in 1941 it was moved to the house nearby fort XIII "The English Fort". Before the WW2 the building housed the hotel (1917) and the clerical seminary (1920').

                                                   pic.1. Fort XVII the former HQ 1939-1941

                                               pic. 2. Stalag XXA HQ betwenn 1941-1945. Present image

No comments:

Post a Comment